York Neighbours is now recruiting an Assistant Coordinator who will support the day to day operational requirements of the York Neighbours’ office, and the crucial service they offer to people over the age of 65 years living within the City of York.
This is either can be a full-time or part-time opportunity for up to 36 hours per week supporting the Coordinator in the key responsibilities outlined below:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accept referrals and arrange or conduct initial assessment visits to potential service users (known as ‘Neighbours’)
- Oversee the safe running of all volunteers offering help with practical tasks, social events and activities, supporting volunteers and addressing any concerns raised about Neighbours.
- Ensure regular contact with all Neighbours is maintained, using the agreed assessment procedures to monitor quality of provision.
- Work with the other Assistant Co-ordinators to arrange and organise occasional group outings, including a comprehensive risk assessment for each event.
- Collect Neighbour's feedback to assist with the future development of the service and the requirements of funders.
- Assist with the management of the overall service provided by the volunteers to ensure the implementation of good practice in accordance with York Neighbours’ policies and procedures.
- Work with the Coordinator to publicise ongoing volunteer opportunities, liaising with feeder organisations e.g. University of York and York CVS.
- Assist with all volunteer recruitment – to include an initial interview, obtaining references and ensuring DBS checks are received and kept up to date.
- Ensure that the Coordinator is kept informed of all volunteers’ training requirements.
- Ensure that all volunteers have regular and ongoing opportunities to share information and advice to contribute to the future development of the service.
- Work with the Coordinator and Assistant Co-ordinators to ensure the safe handling and administration of donations, expense claims and petty cash etc.
- Ensure and maintain confidential records for Neighbours and volunteers.
- Liaise with other appropriate statutory and voluntary bodies to maximise support for Neighbours.
- Maintain up to date records for monitoring, evaluation and funding agreement purposes.
- Assist with the promotion of York Neighbours through a variety of in-person events and social media channels.
- GCSE Grade A-C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Computer literate with the ability to use a variety of software packages
- A good understanding of volunteer recruitment and management processes including DBS and Safeguarding, training, hours monitoring, recognition, processes etc.
- Ideally experience working with older adults
- Experience in delivering training would be beneficial
- Demonstrable experience creating resources e.g. documents, guides and videos
- Experience using CRM systems as well as platforms such as Be Collective, Mail Chimp, WordPress
- A demonstrable commitment to the values of York Neighbours
- An understanding of and commitment to the role of volunteers and service users within the organisation
- Positive work ethic: professional, enthusiastic, dependable, conscientious, flexible and self-sufficient with the ability to remain patient, calm and supportive while helping others through a process
- The ability to work with diverse communities, and to be able to deal tactfully but assertively with a wide range of individuals
- Prior knowledge of York’s Voluntary and Community Sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able and willing to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel efficiently within the city and occasionally wider afield
Application deadline: Friday 1st July 2022
Interviews on: Friday 15th July 2022